28 May 2008

My first bike ride to the office

I 've been thinking about this for a while now, but everytime it was time to jump on the bike I always found a logical reason not to do so.
Yesterday I finally decided I should give it a try. I woke up very early (6,30 am), drunk my espresso, dressed up with my bike trousers and started my ride.

Riding a bike from my home to my office means crossing the whole city (Rome) from north to south mainly using the Tiber river bank, where the main Rome's bike path lays.

It took me a little more then an hour to cover the 25 km for the morning leg and then almost two hours going back to home in the afternoon using a different and longer path (35km).

All in all has been a good experience, I think I will do it again as often as my job will let to do so....

Here is the morning leg



Pp

No comments: